Monday, March 7, 2016

Transfers!!!!


          I have been here in this gebied for two transfers (3 months), and I have had two companions while being here. I have had a total of 6, (2 in my first transfer at the MTC), and then one ever transfer after that. So will my streak end? Me and z. Ashcraft did not think so. We were pretty sure that we would stay the same. Well we got the call...and looks like it is not ending! Starting next week I have another new companion. Not only that, but going to a new area. BUT WAIT there is more! I am killing her too! It is her last transfer. That means the next transfer not only will I be getting another new companion (keeping the streak going strong) but I will be leading out the area. Just what I have been doing my whole mission. I will be on my half way mark and have had 8 companions, a new comp every transfer, and in an area for 2 transfers and leading out one every other transfer! Woa! haha! But I am excited. I am used to changing all the time. The only thing is that I had to say goodbye to all the people I love here in this area! In the church though, because it is small I will see them pretty often. I will be in the Tamanga branch and in the Balona area. It will be fun to get to know that branch because I do not know them that well. I am really sad to leave the people we are teaching! But that is what mission life is all about right?
          This week was z. Ashcrafts birthday, and we took some great photos of the day. You will see them. But man we ate tooo many sweets! But it is ok it is her birthday right?
          It was a good week! in my personal studies one time this week I read something that really stood out to me, it helps and applies to everyone. It is a talk from Elder Holland. He was talking about the atonement and missionary work. He said,"I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience." Jesus Christ's atonement is not something to be taken lightly! He goes on to say, "Why would we believe, why would we think, that it would be easy for us when it was never easy for Him?" What He went through is something we all could never imagine. and being on a mission, you think about how hard it is here. why aren't people accepting the gospel why am I not having success, why does no one even want to listen to us. Well, Jesus Christ went through the same experience, but his was more intense. He had people who would not listen, who would not accept him, who would put Him down, who would rather eliminate Him rather than listen to what he had to say. Being a missionary we get just the slightest taste of His mission on earth. I am not saying that I AM JESUS CHRIST! I'm saying I am a disciple of Him, doing the same work He has done on His time here on earth, and it is what every member should be doing as well. Remember that you are all disciples of Jesus Christ and that you have a mission as well, which is, to help others come closer to Jesus Christ. You do not have to be a missionary to do that!
           I love all of you and the continuous support you give me! As from the words of my comps grandma Hiatt, "love you bunches!"


Zuster Ashcraft's mom send her mustaches to make planning meeting more fun







The ZHV (Relief Society)

 

Cutest old lady!


We found out we were teaching her son. Shs is a member and her son is the one who took us to the restaurant last week and left us with all the food  hahah


Our birthday lunch for the birthday girl



Cute little market we pass on our way to church every Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment