Monday, December 21, 2015

Not in Mesa anymore!!

I MADE IT!!!!! It was so crazy to get here. I met up with some missionaries in Houston. Some who were also visa waiters and some who were fresh out the MTC. That was so fun!! But when we arrived in Trinidad I almost was not able to get in!! Immigration was crazy!!  But then they decided I was safe enough to get in. It was weird, but we made it to Trinidad. It was like 12 midnight by the time we made it to the mission home. Pres. Egbert picked us up. So get this: they drive on the right side of the road here!!! Isnt that crazy! I did not know that and then I went into the car and bam! The wheel was on the right side! I took a picture of pres driving. We spent the whole next day in the mission home  and we had orientation. I stayed the night till the next day at 7 pm with a companionship who were serving in Trinidad.

  
 My day-trainers in Trinidad.

 


 The next I flew out to Suriname, where I will probably be my whole mission. It is almost like its own mission. So I went contacting with the sisters and they had a car! Which was so awesome! But man do they drive crazy here! They are the best bad drivers. If that makes sense.
We came across this guy who said that he wished Hitler was successful. He was really creepy. I did not like it.
The English in Trinidad...it is like its own language! This one guy was talking and I could not understand a word of what he said.. hahaha. Anyways, I made it to Suriname and it is so awesome here!!!!
So my companion is Sister Christiansen. She is from Texas and this is her last transfer. So I am killing her.. sad. She is so awesome!! She kinda reminds me of the twins sometimes. So that is a good thing! It makes me love her more. We get a long great. We are currently in a trio with Sister Wood because her companion wont come till next week. It is all confusing. She has been out for 14 months and is from Canada. She is so awesome!
We do not even live in our area because we are opening up a new area in Paramaribo which is more in the city. They are trying to find an apartment for us because there has not been sisters in that area before. So it will be fun! But right now we have to bike like 30-45 minutes, I think, to get to our area. We also have to be in Sister Wood's area. So we switch days, but oh my gosh so much biking!!! The first time we biked to mine and sister Christiansens area we had the wind going against us like crazy!! it was a hard bike ride!! Sister Wood and Sister Christiansen at the end of the day said wow that was a hard day, Sister Parker are you OK!? a couple of times. Ha ha, I was fine. I thought that is what was normal. I guess not.
I am already used to biking on the right side. Even biking it is crazy here!
Sisters have to be inside by 7 here unless we have a member with us. I guess it is not safe enough. I think it is fine and that that is unnecessarily but whatever they say.
I got an raining experience! It was raining like crazy I was soaked and I had to bike in like mid calf deep water in the streets sometimes.

 


On Sunday we went to church and I had to bear my testimony in Dutch. Oh man my Dutch is rough! The hard thing is that I can't participate in the lessons that much or at all because I do not know the language. But I am not too discouraged because I know with effort and time and help from Heavenly Father I will be able to get it. I just can't wait!!
I wish I had time to say everything I want to say but I can't, I only have an hour. But I am in love with his place!!! I love it so much! I am getting eaten alive, yes even on my face! But I still love it! I have never sweat so much in my life!!
I am sorry if I can not email everyone who emailed me individually, I do not have a lot of time.  I promise I will do my best to get back to you all!! I love you!!!  and keep safe everyone.
I promise my next email will be more spiritual.

 
 Fresh coconut! So Good!

Hey OMG mom!!! It is like if Africa meet Holland here! They have frikandel! and oliebollen! and stroopwafels! And those little hotdog things and those cookie things we all love! and vla!! Seriously mom I am in heaven!! so i do n not know if sister Christiansen's mom talked to you or not but there is a super fast and easy way for us to get packages! and I need a raincoat. They said the North Face brand. Probably in a black or red. so I will be Skyping you around 7 pm my time. Mom I love it here!! It is so awesome. Bummer I do not get as Long on the email!! But yeah, food is cheep here!! It is awesome!!

 OLIEBOLLEN!!

And all three of us eating oliebollen! 
(Sister Christiansen on the left and Sister Wood on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment