Monday, June 20, 2016

The Egberts!

    So this week was amazing (everyweek is). First; exciting news, I am going to Aruba and Curacao for 2 days! Me and Zr. Vernez have to leave the country for visa things and come back. But for those who are reading this and are confused; my mission has 6 countries in it, and 5 are islands. I am serving in Suriname, in South America (but is still considered apart of the Caribbean), we have the ABC islands, and Trinidad and Tobago islands, and then a country in South America called Guyana.   Me and sister Vernes are so excited to go and meet the other missionaries that we would have never meet!
    Fun thing president Egbert and sister Egbert came teaching with me and my comp zr. Ashcraft, and it was really nerve-racking at first. I mean the president of the mission is going to see you live in action teaching! But it turned out amazing! I love them. This week we had the Egberts with us, and we had an amazing zone meeting with them, and helpful interviews with president. Also in our zone meeting we talked about God, and how important it is to understand who he is, and his relationship with us to be strong. It was so spiritual, and how we need to have our members, investigators, and rcla's understand who He is. Because if you do not understand who He is, you do not understand who Jesus Christ is, that Joseph Smith saw them both, that he translated the book of Mormon, and that this is the true church on earth today. Sometimes we focus too much on the other things, and briefly go over what we think everybody should know and understand already, but we need to start there; the core. Because it is from there that we can then strengthen everything else. I know this to be true. Every lesson that I have done about god, I have learned something knew. I have grown so much closer to God, even though I am the teacher. Those lessons are the most spiritual.
     I invite everyone to get to know our Heavenly Father better, because he knows you.
I love this church. I know it is the restored church on the earth today, that this is Jesus Christ's church, and our Heavenly Father provided us with this church so we can return back to him in the highest of glory!

I love you all and I love this mission.
Lobie Zuster Parker

Just your average Suriname sky!



Same here, after a long day it is nice to see some beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment