Monday, October 12, 2015

The Mish!

Hey!! So I  have been here in beautiful Mesa Arizona for 3 weeks now!! Crazy! A part of me feels like I have been here for 3 months! Another part of me feels like I have been here for 3 days!

So I am sorry I have not been going to very much detail about my mission. So the sisters here are pampered! We get a car! Sister Pajaro does not have a license so I drive! My struggle now is to maintain the speed limit.... but I am doing a lot better than before the mission! It is a new car to! super nice as well!

Then Sundays; So since we cover three wards we go to 6 hours of church... I mean not to bad right? but we go to all three sacraments, and all three gospel doctrine and the last wards relief society, something like that. I am still getting the hang of things and the schedule. These wards are so great!! Too great! My stomach is expanding! I do not think I have ever been able to eat this much.. plus I think there is something wrong with me. I never get like full full. I could continue to eat! I ate 6 tacos and 2 brownies! I could have eaten more but we had to go. The good thing is I am back to my normal weight, I just hope it doesn't increase too much... I need to exercise more. Haha, we try!!

I am struggling with language study because I have no motivation to do it. Because right now it is not useful to me. I would rather be doing other things that are more useful! But I am still studying! We will see how it goes in the long run! Oh and there is an elder here, who went to Trinidad for his mission! English speaking! He went home after 4 months of being there because of medical reasons then went back out but got sent to mesa instead. So he told me a few cool stories so that was awesome!

So awesome thing!!! We got a new investigator! His name is....Joseph Smith!!! Crazy!! He doesn't look anything like him but we are always saying "we're going to teach Joseph Smith",  "oh, we met Joseph Smith". It is pretty awesome!

We had a service project which was way awesome! We helped cheer on the contestants in the triathlon! and I guess it made a huge impact! Because so many of the runners told the workers, and head people "seeing the missionaries cheer us on, at the finish was the highlight of the day" that was so sweet!! It makes me really appreciate the tag I wear and what the effect it has on others.

So I am in love with the people here. I am going to be so sad to leave, and it has only been three weeks! The family who we are staying with are so nice! They bought us a pumkin and strawberries and took us out to lunch! They feel like my family. I love living with them!

Well nothing crazy this week.  My bug bites are healing thanks to a member and her oils. I love mesa. I love being a missionary, and I love all of you.

 so this was a pic of us in red shirts from our service project. so much fun! I tried so hard not to dance.


 then this is a pictures from the hike

  Service project


 Service project


So this baby is so adorable it hurts. I want one!!! I am obsessed with him! His name is Noah!


All below are more pictures of our hike on Pday







No comments:

Post a Comment