Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day!!!

This week was great! We sang love at home (we meaning the missionaries) at the Mothers Day activity Saturday. We sand the first verse in English, second in Dutch and third in Sranan. Everyone loved it! I ate way too much....lets just say some missionaries and members were underestimating my eating skills..I had to show them but I regretted it...I had to loosen my skirt... but it was such good food!
Then we had mothers day! I gave a talk at church and for some reason my dutch was the worst it has ever been. I could not read my hand writing and I could not say any of the words I wrote, I could see some people laughing at me. I do not know why it sucked! I was not feeling too hot about it after, but z. Zeegelaar said she could understand what I was saying so that was the most important part. I was not going to let anything get me down because I knew I was going to see my family that day! We went to the Abdulhamids (i spelled that wrong) to skype, and that was amazing! I loved seeing my family! I miss them, but I know I am supposed to be here and I am beyond happy to be here. Even when they tell me they are going to go to Holland to see our family that we haven't see in 8 years!!!! and Cole and Jessie do not even speak the language.... but it is ok, I would rather be here!
That night we had a lesson with a couple. They were a referral from a recent convert, it was her mom, and apparently she has been wanting the missionaries for a long time. Oh man....I have never met with people so prepared. They are humbled so much right now and have an open heart! They are amazing and they just kept giving and giving, even when they have nothing to give. I love them. They wanted us to see them everyday, but we explained we have two areas now but we will see them as often as we can! We invited them to be baptized and they said yes! They are amazing!
I love being  a missionary! I love my companions!
Lobie!
Zuster Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment