Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Lights!!!

Hey so this week was so awesome!!! So many things happened!! I will
start with Thanksgiving!

So I went to 2 member houses for Thanksgiving. One was from our ward. And it was more like a lunch. And I got that "You look like Blake lively" again. First time in the field! Hah. Then some family I do not remember their name but they had a bunch of missionaries over for dinner. And guess what!? I knew the oldest son!!! His name is Sam! I met him up at school my first semester! He lived at Liberty square. The same apartment complex as me. His building was right across from mine. But we talked and it was awesome!!

On thanksgiving we are not allowed to meet or visit anyone unless they invited us because it is rude. It is family time. Makes sense. So all day was like a P-day! So awesome! We played two turkey bowls (Football) games. With all missionaries. Then we ate Thanksgiving lunch. Then we went to that family who had all the missionaries over. And we played volleyball, ate and had a little
devotional after. Then we met with our zone and just played games at the church and chilled for the rest of the night! It was so great! Loved it!!! So thanksgiving was a good day!

Fun fact! There is a family from the ward I used to serve in,  they have a son who just got back from the mission, their last name is Growberg, and we have had him come with us for lessons. Apparently he is the grandson of the guy who the movie the other side of heaven is about! That is his grandpa?!! So awesome!! We are going to have to get a photo with him! But thought I should tell everyone!

This transfer has been hard. The visa wait has been rough for me recently. I have been really down and I hate it. I have been trying to stay positive but it is so hard. I have been struggling to be happy.
But in my personal study one day it helped a ton!  I came across the scripture Alma 36:3. Alma is talking to his son Helaman and giving him council. He said that when we put our trust in God (all of it) God will help us always through our trials, troubles, afflictions and we will be lifted up at the last day. I need to put my trust in Him. He knows what He is doing. And He will help me get through this time here in Mesa while I wait for my visa. Weather I stay in Mesa for my whole mission or I go to Trinidad. I trust in God and know that He will help me feel at peace with either one. He knows the bigger picture. And now I feel a lot better and more happy!

But what also helped was because I was out in the visitor center for Christmas lights! I started the night after thanksgiving! And I work every night till the 1st of January! And I love it so much! I believe that if I was not called overseas I would be a visitor center sister! It fits me perfectly! I am meeting so many people every second!! I ran into Arthur from my singles ward at school!! I almost hugged him! I met his fiance! It was so awesome! Then I ran into Alica! And her family I legit almost cried!! I gave her the biggest hug! Alicia and her sister were my room mates while I was in Provo going to school, I love them both. Alicia's is on a mission as well! I was so happy to see her!!
And then I ran into some one who knows my stake president. And they took a picture with me and sent it to him! And I love working there!!!

Also funny! I ran into a lady who was in one of the wards I served in last transfer, the Northridge Ward. And she says to me you served in my ward! You were the cute sister! And then went on about how she thought I was so cute and she has a son who just got home from a mission and she told him about me! And wanted to set me up with him! And asked how long I have been out and I said almost 4 months and she said oh he can wait. Haha, then she left and then a minute later came back and said I just have to take a picture of you and show him how cute you are and then she showed me a picture of him! Hahaha it was funny and awk! But I love this experience to be a visitor center sister!!!

 I hope you all are doing great I love hearing from you! Remember to trust in God and put him first above everything else!


THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AFTER CHURCH!!!
 
We get are own BOM with our name as a visitor center sister!

A lady gave us little mini mes! That was my companion for the night. We are with a Spanish sister for the visitor center. We call them zebra companion ships. 

This was us getting crafty on thanks giving!

Turkey bowl we get serious! 

Me and my companion! 


No comments:

Post a Comment