Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Contacting

Well this has been a fun weekend! We had a contact activity on Saturday in the city, It reminded me of when I was working at the visitor center in Mesa because I was standing outside the church and inviting people to hear our message and passing out Book of Mormons. We did it for quite a while and I felt so good! We contacted so many people!, my voice kind of hurt at the end because I was talking so much, it was fun! 

Later that day one of my past investigators got baptized and I got to go to that! I almost cried because I love her so much and I was just so happy to see her take this step; finally, coming closer to Jesus Christ. She has a special place in my heart! 

After the baptism we went to the Crawfords (the senior couple) to go to the christmas party. it was so fun! We had dinner and everything was all decorated and then we had a live nativity scene. Me and zr. Vernes were supposed to sing a duet! I was so nervous! We sang Stars Were Gleaming and it did not sound to bad. I wish I got it on video but I was so nervous I completely forgot! 

The next morning we had church, got to say "vrolijk kerst" to everyone since it was christmas. We got to skype the families and had a classic Suriname dinner. It was a good time! 

Now we are looking forward to this weekend with all the fireworks. Hopefully we can get some sleep. They go crazy here for new years. 

I love being out here on my mission. I feel like every day I am working harder and harder, well trying to, and I am becoming a better person. Yes, I am not perfect but I am trying, and I am trying to do my best and have God help me, because He is the one who will help me change and see any sort of success in my life! 
I love you all so much and I am grateful for this gospel and I am grateful for Jesus Christ! 

Have an amazing last week of the year! 
Lobi,

Zuster Parker







No comments:

Post a Comment