Wednesday, September 9, 2015

August 19, 2015 After 11 blisters....









 Hey!! So I made it fine! I am safe!! 
     So I have so much I want to tell you! first off I am in a trio!! There is me, Sister Tester, and Sister Warren, they are both from Utah. But there is a catch. I am a solo missionary. Which means on my tag it has a sticker that says solo on it. Yes I have companions but they are not going to my mission, They are actually going to Cole's! They are going to Salta, Argentina!! Which is awesome, they might meet him! But I am the only sister in my zone! 71 elders then there is me! In my zone we have Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian.  
    In my district it is me and 3 other elders. They seem pretty cool. They are nice. I have been playing volleyball during gym time which is a lot of fun! Of course I got hurt a little. Don't worry its just a scrape haha. 
    But mom! Those really comfortable heels I have? Yeah those made me have huge blisters... so I might have to send them back. We will see. 
    So the language; I feel like the pronunciation is not hard for me, which is nice, but it is still a little challenging.  They are teaching us here that we need to teach with the spirit, it won't matter if you suck at the language if you teach with the spirit. I was teaching a lesson with my investigator, and I had to teach alone because I am a solo sister. I was speaking Dutch to her and even though I didn't know what I was saying I felt the spirit. It was the weirdest thing but at the same time it was super awesome. The first time I felt the spirit without knowing what the crap was being said haha. But yeah so that was awesome. . 
    So Sunday devotional we had this popular country christian band come play for us and do like a concert. It was awesome and at the same time spiritual. it was also nice to hear good music. I loved it!! I have been doing alright struggling a little bit but I am starting to get the hang of the lifestyle here. I was feeling a little under the weather yesterday but I am better today! I will send you pics later today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment