Monday, September 5, 2016

Through small and simple things...

So this week was a little discouraging but also faith building, like always. Well there is this investigator that I have been teaching for 6 months now, majority of it has been me and zr. Ashcraft. but he is ready to be baptized. His name is Josh. He is amazing!  We have had him planned to be baptized so many times..and this time we were 100% sure he was going to be baptized on Saturday. But...he is having some conflict with his mother. She is not supporting him at all. Does not want him to be baptized, she doesn't see the need and feels like it will ruin their relationship. She is not willing to meet with the missionaries because she is not interested. It is a little frustrating because if your kid wants to do something you would think you would try to understand. Also he is 24 so he can make his own decision, but I understand how he wants his mom to be there on his side, because she is his mom. So all we can do at this point is pray and fast for her,  and for him to do the same and continue to bear his testimony. It was very disappointing because I just felt that I am not doing anything to help him. But then I read a scripture in the book of Mormon, Alma 37:6-7, and it talks about through small things great things come to pass and I knew the spirit guided me to this because I just felt so much comfort and I know that the spirit was telling me all that I have done for him is for a reason.          
               Sometimes we as humans do not have the patience, and we just need to remember that everything is for a reason and Heavenly Father is so patient that's why the smallest things after a while are what helps in the end. I am so grateful for this!

I love you all!!
Zuster Parker

Making Baccabanna


Me and my beautiful comp :)




Teaching Amisha how to ride her bike.




This house is one of my favorite places in the whole world! I kid you not!



No comments:

Post a Comment